Date: 10/22/18 6:52 pm
From: 'Daniel & Barbara Williams' <twotringas...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Re: Window strike avoidance recommendations
Suzanne, Stuart and all,

We don't know about the recommendations of Window Alert. The site of the
product which Barbara linked in her post is Bird's Eye View, a different
company. Their website instructs you to put the decals inside of the
window, not outside.

The decals are small squares which are transparent except for the
configuration of lines on the decal itself. We have used them for a few
years now and are very pleased with them. In our opinion, they really
don't impact window visibility in any meaningful way. Go to the website
link in our email and look at them as shown on the windows. They come in 2
sizes.

Dan Williams
Rockford

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 7:23 PM Stuart Koch <stuartkoch...> wrote:

> Window Alert window clings and all other similar products have to be
> placed on the OUTSIDE of your windows, not inside. The UV in the cling-ons
> goes away over time, so you have to replace them every 6-9 months. Wild
> Birds Unlimited sells them plus you can get them on-line. You have to use
> a good amount of them per window to be effective. Close your blinds at
> night so migrating birds aren't attracted to light inside your house. My
> vertical blinds also help reduce the reflections birds see of trees and
> shrubs. I've seen migrating robins fly directly towards my big picture
> window and then take a 90 degree turn at the last second due to the Window
> Alert clings.
>
> Stuart Koch
> Highland Park, IL
> Former member of the Highland Park Bird Friendly Task Force
>
> On Monday, October 22, 2018, 7:00:47 PM CDT, 'Daniel & Barbara Williams'
> <twotringas...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> Suzanne & all,
> I have found a good product for this purpose. Go to the website for -
> abirdseyeview.com. They sell square plastic decals that go on the
> inside of your windows. They deflect and divert ultraviolet light
> outward through the whole window to make it visible to birds. I think
> the decals are available at Hoe Depot & Wild Birds Unlimited, or you
> can buy them directly online. They are not cheap but last a very long
> time and can be repositioned & reused indefinitely.
> On our house they are very effective.
>
> Barbara Williams

Join us on Facebook!