Date: 10/22/18 5:16 pm
From: 'Kathy DeLara' <renosmom...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Waterfowl field trip
Wildcat Audubon had the annual fall waterfowl field trip on Saturday, Oct
20th. We had very nice weather and 5 people participated. We went to Little
Lake Alice, Winter's Creek Lake, the ponds along Hiway 26 between Minatare
and Scottsbluff and the pond behind Menards and along the roads in the area.
All in Scotts Bluff County.

Lake Minatare, Lake Alice and Winter's Creek Lakes are National Wildlife
Areas and are closed from October 15th through January 15, we can see parts
of Winter's Creek Lake from the road but didn't go to the others. There were
more ducks and geese at the small ponds along the highway and behinds
Menards than Little Lake Alice and Winter's Creek Lake.

Below is the list of the species we found. All are reported on e-Bird.

Kathy DeLara

Greater White-fronted Goose

Canada Goose

Wood Duck