Date: 10/22/18 5:08 pm
From: Chuck Berman <cberman129...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Window strike avoidance recommendations
If you find a dead migrating bird, you can call Chicago Bird Monitors, who
will try to pick it up, even in the suburbs. They make regular trips to the
Field Museum which takes all dead birds. Or, you can take it to Willowbrook
Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn. A volunteer takes dead birds from there to
the Field. Lastly, if you live near Oak Park, I can bring them to
Willowbrook, where I volunteer Wednesdays.
Chuck Berman
Oak Park

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:25 PM Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just found a dead hermit thrush on our property and it seems to have no
> obvious reasons why it would've died so it might've struck a window. Does
> anybody have any ideas what the best thing to try would be? I know I've
> heard of a bunch of different suggestions from people in the past. I'd like
> to do something that isn't very obtrusive. Thanks for any suggestions on
> what to try and where I could purchase or find whatever it is.
>
> Suzanne Coleman
> Cook co

Join us on Facebook!