Date: 10/22/18 3:26 pm
From: Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: [obol] Re: rba Flor LBB Gull
The LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL was initially roosting on the rocks at the
Siuslaw north jetty mudflats until a PEREGRINE flushed the flock and they
ended up on the flats in the water (tide mostly high). The bird is very
dark and fairly easy to pick out of the crowd. It's California sized with
pale iris, yellow legs, very dark mantle, and slender elongated look. The
white primary tips were very small and it was somewhat smudgy on the back
of the neck with noticeable dark around the eye almost like an eye line.
The bill was yellow with red and had very little gonydeal angle.
Diane Pettey was still watching the bird when I left. Got a few
digiscopes. Here's one of the better ones

. eBird list to follow.

Daniel Farrar
Dunes City