Date: 10/22/18 1:41 pm
From: Steve Nord <stevernord...>
Subject: [obol] Multiple Swamp Sparrows at Fernhill Wetlands
OBOL;

This morning, I encountered 3 SWAMP SPARROWS as I walked the trails at
Fernhill Wetlands, Forest Grove.

One Swamp Sparrow was in the same location I found one at yesterday. That
is just on the east side of Dabbler Marsh. The location is best found as
it has a small concrete pad next to the main trail. There is also a
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at this location.

Another Swamp Sparrow was on the edge of the open water pond on the east
side of the middle basin (Cattail Marsh), near the junction of the trail
that borders Eagle Perch Pond.

The third Swamp Sparrow was at the middle open water area, along the trail
on the west side of Eagle Perch Pond. This is approaching the southern
gate at Gieger Road.

All three birds were calling loudly, which drew my attention, then they
perched up for a short while in response to some pishing. Some poor
quality pics will be posted on my eBird reports soon.

Good Birding
Steve Nord
Beaverton, OR

Join us on Facebook!