Date: 10/22/18 1:18 pm
From: Carolyn via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Old Lyme DEEP Headquarters: Many sparrows including Clay-colored and Lincoln’s
Old Lyme DEEP Headquarters this afternoon:

Tons of sparrows!!

Song Sparrows everywhere.

White-crowned everywhere, easily outnumbering White-throated. (All WC were imm. except for one.)

Many Chipping and a few Savannah Sparrows

At least 20 Swamp Sparrows

1 Clay-colored Sparrow in left side yard of main building, flew off to the river side of the road

1 Blackpoll Warbler along with numerous YR Warblers. Blackpoll was to the right of the portopotties in the trees and briefly on the ground eating a moth.

On my way out I stopped at the little hidden sanctuary called Shippee Pond (small gated driveway on the right just after you exit) and birded for a while with John Gaskell who got me on a Lincoln’s Sparrow! First of the year for me!!! Thanks, John.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPhone