Date: 10/22/18 12:29 pm
From: Lawrence Reiter via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Bluff Point SP / Groton
Good flight this morning. Arrived 7:30 and until 8:30 there was a steady stream of birds with few stopping but for a moment. Was mostly ruby-crowned kinglets and yellow-rumped warblers. I’m far from expert in counting birds in a stream like this but there had to have been hundreds of both. Good numbers of towhees and flickers passing by as well. Picked up later on in the surrounding woods were a few parulas and nashvilles, a creeper, a couple golden-crowns, lots of hermit thrushes, and loads of white-throated and song sparrows. Whether there were more interesting sparrows in there, I can’t say. Larry Reiter