Date: 10/22/18 9:59 am
From: Stefan Martin via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stratford Point- Swallows and a word of caution
Hey all, with the recent reports of CAVE SWALLOWs, we should all be on high
alert for any Swallow sp. coming through at this time. With that being
said, birds should still be thoroughly observed to nail down an ID and
should not be assumed as CASW. I write this because I was nearly fooled
myself this morning when a group of 5 Swallows were observed feeding around
the upland at Stratford Point. This flock consisted of 3 Tree Swallows and
2 Barn Swallows and 0 Cave Swallows. Also, many Loons are passing by with
the majority being vocal Red-throateds. There was a single Pine Siskin at
the feeders as well.

Cheers,
Stefan Martin