Date: 10/22/18 8:54 am
Subject: Re: October 2017 report of Kirtland's Warbler in Duck , NC
Jeff and others:

Usually in a situation like this -- a non-birder taking a photo(s) that
really needs to go onto the CBC Photo Gallery, the best idea is for you
(Jeff) to get her permission to upload the photos yourself. You have done
this 100 times or more and you know how to do this and are familiar with
the website. You have the photos, and if you know the date, location,
etc., you should be all set -- if you have her permission. I've seen a
number of occasions where the photographer fails to upload photos,
generally because they are not a birder. And, yes, I have uploaded photos
for others who aren't birders.

This is a first Coastal report in NC for Kirtland's Warbler -- well,
technically, I don't consider second-hand comments a "report" yet -- and
there is no convincing record at all from the entire Coastal Plain.

We'll keep checking the Photo Gallery from time to time today to see if the
photos are there. This sounds way too important to let it slide for more
than a day or two.

Harry LeGrand
NC Bird Records Committee (non-voting member)

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 8:14 PM Jeff Lewis <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> I was shown photos today of a Kirtland's Warbler that was seen and well
> photographed at the Duck, NC boardwalk on October 3, 2017. The observer was
> a friend of mine, Joyce Edwards. She is not a birder (yet!) and was not
> aware of the ID, and thus, the rare status of the bird. I have passed the
> (awesome) photos around to a several birders. Joyce is going to post them
> to the Carolina Bird Club photo gallery. The bird is very similar to the
> one seen a couple of weeks ago at Ridge Junction - maybe even more heavily
> streaked underneath.
>
> Jeff Lewis
> Manteo, NC

Join us on Facebook!