Date: 10/22/18 8:38 am
From: Vickie Buck <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender vlbuck for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Dickcissel at Philomath Sewage Ponds
I was able to view the Dickcissel this last Saturday afternoon. It stayed at the seed patch long enough for good views and photos. Having very little experience with Dickcissels, I came home and started researching books and credible online sources to try and understand what I was seeing? And after that, I still wasn’t sure. Photos have shown the breast streaking in the Philomath bird. Is this the main identifying mark of an immature? Is there any indication of male or female in this particular bird? Thanks to all who know much more about Dickcissels than I do.

Vickie Buck
Walterville, Oregon

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>