Date: 10/21/18 6:25 pm
From: Scott Ramos <lsr...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Noble Knob raptors
Of course, not everyone knows about Noble Knob! Sorry about that. It’s in Pierce County, just a few miles north of Crystal Mountain and east of Hwy 410.

The Knob itself is here:
47.0460311,-121.4923954

And, the trailhead is here:
47.051124, -121.523663

The trail is accessed via Hwy 410, then NF 70 and NF 7250. (there are other trails, though roads may be closed)

Here is some discussion on the WTA site: https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/noble-knob <https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/noble-knob>

Overall distance is about 5 miles, RT. It's a pretty easy hike. Given that you can get to the knob pretty quickly, you can spend a lot of time up top to watch for action. The route does go through some burned trees from last year’s fire, but the only woodpeckers we found were Hairys. Also, worth stopping on NF 7250 along the way—we usually have woodpeckers and Pygmy-Owls.

Our main checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49237149

Scott Ramos
Seattle