Date: 10/21/18 6:07 pm
From: <reports...>
Subject: [birders] Holiday Beach Conservation Area (21 Oct 2018) 2862 Raptors

Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Falcon 0 2 5
Unknown Raptor 0 4 7

Total: 2862 33847 44746

Observation start time: 07:30:00
Observation end time: 15:00:00
Total observation time: 7.5 hours

Official Counter: Cindy Isenhoff

Observers: Chuck Sharbaugh, Cramer, Dan Lumm

Visitors:
Even in the cold weather multiple brave souls visited today. In total we
had 11 visitors including my friend Jackie P and Dan Lumm's sister Yvonne.

Weather:
Cloudy and cold today with winds from the West or WNW.
Temperatures began at 2.9 C and ended at 5.8 C. Winds varied between WNW
and W hourly at speeds from 2 kmph blowing and gusting to 10 kmph. No sun
during the count hours at all.

Raptor Observations:
Resident Eagles and the 2 Osprey who have been hanging out entertained us
today. Overall 12 species of hawk today were seen, with our season's first
Northern Goshawk giving those on the tower a nice look as he flew over the
marsh relatively low.

Non-raptor Observations:
Song birds were present but not in large numbers, other than the Blue Jays
and American Crow flocks migrating. Ducks in the marsh also seemed to be
lower in number in the area around the tower. See the eBird report
specifics: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49356832

Predictions:
A bit warmer and sunnier tomorrow!
Report submitted by Cindy Isenhoff (<akahawklady1...>)
Holiday Beach Conservation Area information may be found at:
http://hbmo.ca/

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=100

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<2d01b01ccef18e711f78e9ab64104d75...>