Date: 10/21/18 5:14 pm
Subject: October 2017 report of Kirtland's Warbler in Duck , NC
I was shown photos today of a Kirtland's Warbler that was seen and well
photographed at the Duck, NC boardwalk on October 3, 2017. The observer was
a friend of mine, Joyce Edwards. She is not a birder (yet!) and was not
aware of the ID, and thus, the rare status of the bird. I have passed the
(awesome) photos around to a several birders. Joyce is going to post them
to the Carolina Bird Club photo gallery. The bird is very similar to the
one seen a couple of weeks ago at Ridge Junction - maybe even more heavily
streaked underneath.

Jeff Lewis
Manteo, NC

Join us on Facebook!