Date: 10/21/18 4:53 pm
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] moving through
Hey I-Birders,

Karen and Harney and I walked and birded along the Des Moines River
in Des Moines this weekend. Noteworthy finds yesterday were a single
NASHVILLE WARBLER and a HERMIT THRUSH. This morning was quite chilly,
and we found two cold-looking ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, a female/imm.
PURPLE FINCH, and a pair of RUSTY BLACKBIRDS perched high in a tree.
On the home front, our back yard is still nuthatch nirvana, with at
least two RED-BREASTEDs still making themselves at home with our
resident group of WHITE-BREASTEDs.

Good Birding,

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines