Date: 10/21/18 3:43 pm
From: Robert Ridgely <rridgely14...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Evening Grosbeaks!
A wonderful if maybe prematurely chilly few days here in Sandwich saw me
working away on the computer most of the time, but of course looking up
occasionally to scan the throngs of sparrows on the lawns near my feeders.
Mostly White-throats and juncos of course, but never have I seen so many
White-crowns, as others have commented. This has always been a good place
for them, but usually no more than 3 or 4 at a time. Yesterday and today
there were 15+, now most of them handsome immatures.

But the prize was the wonderful quartet of Evening Grosbeaks that graced my
front feeder for about fifteen minutes this morning, three beautiful males
and a female. We just don't seem to get them like we used to (thinking back
decades now). I hope they hang around.

Last night the first Saw-whet Owl of the season squealed across Thompson
marsh.

What a wonderful lot of birds you all have been seeing these past few days.
I hope the excitement continues.

Good birding,

Robert S. Ridgely

North Sandwich