Date: 10/21/18 3:33 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Nuthatch Trifecta!
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } I had a few minutes late this afternoon to sit on my back porch and watch my feeders. First time in a long while.  White-breasted and Brown-headed Nuthatches were coming and going, delighted with the extra peanuts I had added to the seed mix.  Finally a Red-breasted put in an appearance!  First time I've had a RB Nuthatch in the yard in three years.  I was very excited.  The cat sitting on my lap was unimpressed and quite annoyed when I jumped up for a better look and rudely dumped her on the floor.  Also had FOS Juncos and White-throated Sparrows, two who were signing. I also had an Orange-crowned Warbler that I hope will like my feeder offerings enough to spend the winter with us.
I've been hoping to get RBNU this winter ever since Dottie, Doris, and I saw multiple RB Nuthatches at every stop in every county as we worked our way north from the AAS conference in Texarkana to Queen Wilhelmina State Park, over to Pine Ridge and the Lum & Abner country store, then a final stop in Garland County just outside Hot Springs.  Watch you feeders and good luck!Karen HollidayMaumelle, Pulaski Co.

Join us on Facebook!