Date: 10/21/18 2:57 pm
From: Aletha Boyle <mainelypets...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Birds at Mud Cove, Lily Bay Moosehead Lake
I was at Mud Cove, Lily Bay, Moosehead for the last 5 days and had a few
interesting sightings:

4 Canada Jays
6 White Throated Sparrows
lots of Juncos
6 loon - 2 winter plumage or juveniles
Found the remains of one Ruffed Grouse, and one live. The remains had what
looked like large bird droppings near it.
1 Ruby Crowned Kinglet
1 Northern waterthrush, bobbing tail
4 Horned larks - on exposed rocks and beach where the water has recently
dropped
4 Hooded Merganser (on small pond nearby)
8 flying Common Mergansers, 1 braving the 30 mph wind and waves out front
Thursday
1 Greater Yellowlegs (feeding in a small inlet on the road to the Lily Bay
Storehouse)
1 Ring Billed Gull that decided it liked the bread I put in the feeder, and
4-5 others

Submitted full list to ebird,

Aletha Boyle