Date: 10/21/18 12:15 pm
From: Ed McDevitt <mcdevitt.ed...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Columbus Park - Saturday, October 20, 2018
Yesterday we had our usual Saturday migration season walk. We alternate
Saturdays between Columbus Park and Thatcher Woods. This Columbus Park walk
was one of great activity. The highlights were a showy Red-tailed Hawk that
persistently left its perch to circle above us, an American Kestrel
(unusual here at this point in the season, confirmed by our walk leader's
photo), several Rusty Blackbirtds, and a Clay-colored Sparrow (also
confirmed by photo).

It's interesting that Chimney Swifts remain in our area so late. They're
feeding on something up there, no matter how cold the mornings.

Canada Goose 105
Mallard 2
Chimney Swift 4
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Belted Kingfisher 1 heard only
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
American Kestrel 1
Eastern Phoebe 2
Brown Creeper 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 16
American Robin 100
Cedar Waxwing 20
American Goldfinch 4
Clay-colored Sparrow 1
Fox Sparrow 2
Dark-eyed Junco 10
White-crowned Sparrow 2 1 adult, 1 juvenile
White-throated Sparrow 10
Song Sparrow 6
Red-winged Blackbird 2
Rusty Blackbird 5 juvenile