Date: 10/21/18 12:11 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] McCown's Longspur(?) On top of Mary's Peak
I flushed 5 birds from the shoulder of the road sw of the
telecommunications complex(7:30 if N is noon). They flew about and
eventually landed within sight. There's a rocky scabby stretch going down
to some outcrops further sw. I initially called them Horned Larks, a
species I've never seen on the Peak. They all had black crescent patches at
the top of the throat, just below the throat. None had masks, or any trace
of yellow or brown on the head. They had horizontal stripes across the
face. A very pale grey supercilium, cool colors only. It's a pain typing on
this smartphone. I saw them at 10 am. Ahead of the crowd. Lot's of folks
now. I didn't see the birds on the way back down. Lars

Join us on Facebook!