Date: 10/21/18 12:05 pm
From: Jeff Bilsky <jbilsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Point - Cook County - 10/21/18
Hi all -
I birded Montrose this morning before the Bears game. Of note: had a
NORTHERN SHRIKE hunting in the marsh area. I had at least 4 RUSTY
BLACKBIRDS; one lone one over on the north side pavement in a puddle with
other birds and then a group of 3 passing through and landing in a tree.
Also, late migrants included an EASTERN WOOD PEWEE trying with a Phoebe to
find any available insects, a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO, a beautiful
PHILADELPHIA VIREO, and a dazed and confused AMERICAN REDSTART. Lots of
both KINGLETS everywhere and AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS starting to move in. I
definitely heard some PINE SISKINS flying over and also had a group of
passerines flying over that I suspect were possibly LONGSPURS, but didn't
get a good enough look to be sure. Overall a great morning. Many pics
embedded: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49344855

Also - added pics to yesterday's list:
Waukegan Beach (Snow Bunting, Dunlin, Sanderling) 10/21:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49316026

Good birding.

Montrose Point, Lincoln Park, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, US
Oct 21, 2018 8:57 AM - 11:32 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.68 mile(s)
43 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 35
Mallard 4
Mourning Dove 1
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 2
gull sp. X A few around, didnt not take time to ID them to sp
Black-crowned Night-Heron 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
American Kestrel 1