Date: 10/21/18 10:22 am
From: 'C or M Johnstone' <anhinga...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [nflbirds] SMNWR Vermilion F c correction
The Vermilion Flycatcher was hanging around double dikes and East River Pool pier this am. I initially reported this as an adult male - having seen it better today, it is not quite in full adult regalia. The underparts are a fairly even reddish orange - not vermilion - and I didn't detect any streaking. The head looks fully adult, with large vermilion cap. Not a plumage depicted in Sibley's or NG. So I'm going with a very well-colored first year male.
Two Pectoral Sandpipers west of guardrail by double dikes. Otherwise pretty quiet (I hope Don Morrow proves me wrong on this point with a subsequent post). Also, I had a flyover Common Loon on Friday at Lighthouse Pond, not sure if that's early for these parts. Matt

Join us on Facebook!