Date: 10/21/18 6:35 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Birds of late
Yesterday the 20th, Terry Wahl left me a message that he heard 2nd hand
that a bird that may have been a magpie was seen scavenging on a dead sheep
on the west end of Langlois. As it happened several of us were hiking out
at Floras Lake so we stopped in Langlois afterwards and I unsuccessfully
looked for a magpie while they ate lunch. Terry couldn’t refind it either.
Not sure on the details, seems pretty unlikely one would show up in
Langlois though???? Did have a flyover calling Palm Warbler on the edge of
town. Terry said there have been lots of Lapland Longspurs and Palm
Warblers on the family ranch near Cape Blanco lately.

Last night about 0830 I walked out the front door of our house in Coos Bay
to get something from my truck and heard what sounded exactly like a C
Poorwill call. Just one call but very clear. I waited for more calls then
did what I thought were decent immitations without hearing anything else. I
think I will chalk that up to an auditory hallucination???

Lotsa fog again this AM- yesterday was the first sunny day here in a while.

Happy birding!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!