Date: 10/20/18 5:39 pm
From: Chad Witko <chadjwitko...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pack Monadnock Golden Eagles
Greetings,

To all who are interested or to any who might overlook the details of the
daily reports that come out of the Pack Monadnock Raptor Observatory, there
have now been 9 Golden Eagles observed over the last 5 days! If I remember
correctly what I saw the other day in the data, this now ties for the best
showing of Goldens over any 5-day stretch at this site. With more winds
predicted out of the NW or WNW over the next week, including tomorrow, this
might be the best opportunity to see this grand raptor of the north before
the official hawk watch ends as they are clearly on the move. However, it
will be interesting to see what the totals are in another month.

For reference- 2018 is already above the 12-year average of 8 Golden Eagles
per year, and just 5 birds shy of tying the all-time season record of 13.
Good luck to any who look. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Cheers,
--
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson