Date: 10/20/18 4:46 pm
From: Chris Armstrong <chrisleearmstrong...>
Subject: [obol] Re: where are the Lessers?
I have noticed the same thing. I have Annas coming to the feeder. Juncos, song sparrows, WC sparrows, BC chickadees, and American Goldfinches, but no Lesser Goldfinches, and the Pine Siskin's are hiding as well. I have seen both in the area, and they have come to the feeders before.

Chris Armstrong
Beaverton

> On Oct 20, 2018, at 12:12 PM, Stephen Rice <birdguy...> wrote:
>
> What with so many dry sunny days, cricket song every night, it doesn’t feel all that autumnal yet in our SE Portland yard. Bathing, drinking from fountain, swaying atop Echinaceas plucking seed, pigging out on sunflower chips are dozens of American Goldfinches , not one Lesser. (usually many more Lessers) They are actually dining from thistle seed sock also, after ignoring it in recent years. (Maybe this batch of seed less stale than the last, but still pretty old)
>
> House Finches splashing, Towhee eating a grasshopper, Bushtit mobs come and go, one Song Sparrow, both BC and CB chickadees in and out, multiple Anna’s working the Fuchsias and chasing one another around nectar feeder.
>
> Downy and Flicker, both small, visit suet. Hope we’re not getting younger generation hooked on store-bought food. Crows bring their Dairy Queen loot over here to soak.
>
> A few Juncos on the ground, have seen only 1 GC sparrow, although we hear them now and then.
>
> Hearing Robins, and Waxwings aplenty, in the neighborhood.
>
> Steve Rice
> near SE 55th & Division
> Portland
>
> Sent from my iPad