Date: 10/20/18 3:35 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Purple finches - SO many! Koch property, Northampton County
Although it's great to see a species I usually only see in migration here and there, I'm honestly wishing right now that most of them would leave. They've been here for more than a month, however I'm assuming they've been different ones replacing others that have moved on. I'm  averaging on a daily basis 20-30 in the front yard, just as many in the back yard, and many more in our fields and property.  A few days ago there were 63 in the front yard alone. I keep hoping that a cold front will move most of them further south, but so far it hasn't happened. A visiting birder commented on how they seem to be everywhere. I also had a pine siskin - just one - a few days ago.
Arlene Koch, Easton, PA  Northampton County  <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!