Date: 10/20/18 3:28 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Philomath Poo Ponds Dickcissel (access protocol)
For those unfamiliar with the Philomath Sewage Ponds, please be advised
that an entry permit is required for each visit. This can be obtained at
the Philomath Public Works Department on Willow Ln (off 15th Street) in
Philomath. The office is closed on weekends. Their phone number is
541-929-3579.

Please refrain from visiting without a permit! We are very grateful to the
Philomath Public Works folks for allowing access to the site, and we do not
want to jeopardize it by an influx of birders who disregard the access
protocol.

Also, if you visit, please be respectful of the workers (who are often
present on weekends, as well) and other birders. Do not block the dikes
with parked vehicles, and please don't park (or stand) too close to the
seed patches on the south dike, where the Dickcissel and many sparrows are
mostly seen.

Thanks, and good luck to those who plan to chase the Dickcissel.

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn