Date: 10/20/18 2:34 pm
From: Jeff Bilsky <jbilsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Birding today lake and cook counties
Started my day at Waukegan Beach which was highlighted by a handful of
dunlin, a sanderling and a snow bunting on the jetty. Several pipits also
flew past while i was out there. Raptors were streaming overhead the whole
time so I would imagine Hawk Watchers did pretty well today.

After a bit, the really heavy wind and light rain sent me South to Skokie
lagoons where i hiked through the woods. I had two very large flocks of
mostly Fox sparrows in the woods, and another handful counted as I hiked,
putting me at an estimated conservative number of 50. Pretty cool to see
that many! Lots of kinglets and a couple of winter wrens were additional
highlights. A late-ish blackpoll warbler the only non yrwa. A horned grebe
and a gadwall were the interesting water fowl.

The young coyote I've been seeing there was around as well.

I'll post my photos in ebird checklists later on. Got really lucky with the
snow bunting landing so close to me.

Cold weather, good birding.

Jeff

Join us on Facebook!