Date: 10/20/18 2:34 pm
From: Charlie Nims <charlie.nims...>
Subject: [NHBirds] The year of the White-crowned Sparrow?
Jeanne-Marie sort of beat me to the punch as I was going to post about the large numbers of White-crowned Sparrow (WCSP). Anecdotally, they are all over some of the “local” birding areas near where I live in the Mt. Washington Valley. No matter where I have gone in the past couple of weeks, there have always been WCSP’s: Dahl WS, Thompson WS, local farms, etc. including my own yard where I have had several. While the White-throated Sparrows along with Dark-eyed Juncos are here in good numbers, it is clearly the WCSP’s that are the outliers.

Charlie Nims
Bartlett, NH