Date: 10/20/18 2:16 pm
From: Steven Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] White-throated Sparrows, CSR, El Paso Co, Sat
Hey COBirders,

Banding at Clear Spring Ranch has been expectedly slow this last 10 days, with the cold, wet and wind, but today was busy!

Highlights included TWO White-throated Sparrows, one hatch-year, one adult; a Real Late Common Yellowthroat (juv, F), 2 more Ruby-crowned Kinglets
(now at 400% of my best previous fall); lots of Gambell’s White-crowned Sparrows, one recapture from 2015, and a sighted (but unbanded) Broad-winged Hawk, at tree tops, chased by two Am Crows.

Everything else lately has been from what is expected for the middle of October. Today I passed 2200 birds for the season, my second best ever. Not bad for a year of drought, floods, and hail shredded vegetation! Not many local birds have been around, but the migrants seem not to mind!

Have a good weekend,
Steve Brown
Colo Spgs