Date: 10/19/18 7:22 pm
From: Rick & Marianne Atkinson <marianne5...>
Subject: WC Sparrows & Cedar Waxwings - Clearfield County
I have had a flock of about 75 Cedar Waxwings at my property for the last
few days. I hope they stick around for the DuBois Christmas Bird count on
Dec. 15.

If anyone wants to help out with the DuBois CBC, please let me know since I
am the primary compiler.

There was a small flock of White Crowned Sparrows right behind my house all
day today. They were busy foraging in and under shrubs and many big pots
that still have annual flowers in them.

Many flowers got toasted in the freeze of 25 degrees this morning. I am not
in any hurry to remove the dead flower plants. The pots will need to be
moved into the barn for the winter so that any water in them will not cause
the pots to freeze and break.

I do NOT clean out my perennial bed until spring, although it is more of a
wildflower bed with lots of goldenrod!

We have about one acre of ground that is nothing but goldenrod and wild
asters etc. So pretty and the butterflies and pollinators love it!

Marianne Atkinson
Clearfield County near DuBois

Join us on Facebook!