Date: 10/19/18 5:01 pm
From: Ronald- Thorn via Groups.Io <Tronthorn=<aol.com...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Miscellaneous sightings from the past several days

I did a seawatch from Moss Beach. Migrants coming through are still at a low number, but should
be picking up soon with the storms over the Gulf of Alaska. The first I have noted off of Moss
Beach this fall were ( 10 ) BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATERS flying north. One Pomarine Jaeger
passed on by.

( 31 ) Surfbirds on San Francisco Bay at Coyote Point were a high count for that location.
Migrant Red-breasted Sapsucker and Chipping Sparrow were noted on that day at the
point.

A light-morph juvenile Ferruginous Hawk was over the town of San Gregorio.

Getting late was a Rufous Hummingbird in Colma on October 14. There also a Western
Tanager.

A Nashville Warbler and a Black-throated Gray Warbler were in with a flock of Townsend's
Warblers along Tunitas Creek Road.

The first White-throated Sparrow I have noted this fall was in Belmont on October 12.

Another Lark Sparrow this fall in the county was in Half Moon Bay on October 16. There
was also a White-throated Sparrow.

Ron Thorn