Date: 10/19/18 3:37 pm
From: Chuck Imbergamo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hammo Hudsonian
Made a late dash to try for the HUDSONIAN GODWIT at Hammonassett state park tonight and found it in the largest west end puddle at 5:44 PM.

Another birder, Mary Lou Kramer, noticed that the bird was limping, and we saw that its right leg was drooping when it flew from place to place.

Perhaps if it's still present tomorrow a rehabber can try to assess the bird? It was feeding well, but I wonder whether the apparent injury explains the separation from the other Godwits.

Also interesting to note is that this Godwit was associating with 3 Greater Yellowlegs. We last saw it at about 6:15 when the Yellowlegs group called and flew East, and the Godwit responded with a call and went with them.

I hope it can make the incredibly long flight ahead!

Chuck Imbergamo
Madison