Date: 10/19/18 9:58 am
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Pacific Loon - Cunningham
After about 15 minutes of scanning, the PACIFIC LOON was literally
right in front of me. Go to the open covered picnic area at area 3 and
go down the trail to the gravel fishing area. Look east. The bird was
hanging out in close proximity to a Common Loon. Other species include
a GREAT EGRET against the dam, and a flyover PINE SISKIN.
Just to clarify, the bird was initially found by Ben Ream while out in
a boat on 10/17. However there was no verification of the sighting at
the time. I viewed two Common Loons from the Hwy 36 pullout that day,
but did not see the Pacific.
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown Omaha, Douglas Co., NE
On Oct 19, 2018 8:13 AM, "'Jorgensen, Joel'
<Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds]" <NEBirds...>
wrote:

Sharla Meester and Ed Brogie asked that I pass along that a
Pacific Loon, along with a Common Loon, were relocated this
morning after apparently being found late yesterday. The birds
were currently being seen from the access at Area 3.

-Joel

Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager

Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440

<joel.jorgensen...>

Posted by: Justin Rink <spindalis79...>