Date: 10/19/18 8:15 am
From: Zachary Millen <zjmillen...>
Subject: Re: BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER in Lancaster
The Black-throated Gray Warbler continues for its 7th straight day at Noel
Dorwart Park, first seen this morning near the dirt "goatpath" that runs
from the Trestle Spur along the creek. Yesterday evening Seth and I watched
it just west of the Creek Trail, so it is still frequenting this whole
general area. Nearly all other migrant warblers and vireos have continued
south, and it has been loosely associating with kinglets lately. Listen for
its flat, metallic chip note and kinglet calls to help find the bird.

Also of interest was an Orange-crowned Warbler in the large field east of
Farmingdale Rd, which worked the treelines and mugwort patches. Photos of
both will be added to this checklist soon.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49284453

Zach

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM Zachary Millen <zjmillen...> wrote:

> BTYW continues in same vicinity this morning. Good map drawn up by Michael
> slows the correct trail where I first found it about sunrise, though just
> now it was down near goatpath along creek in early morning sunlight. Don't
> be afraid to get off trail a bit and check scrubby areas.
>
> Zach
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 11:14 PM Michael David <michaeltdavid...>
> wrote:
>
>> For anyone not following along through ebird reports, the Black-throated
>> Gray Warbler was seen both Sunday and today though it takes some time to
>> find (at least it did Sunday morning). I made a quick map showing the area
>> it's been seen in (as far as I know) which will hopefully help any
>> searchers.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/62706721@N05/31477470098/in/dateposted-public/
>> Many other migrants were seen around the park as well - I had 11 warbler
>> species total including Orange-crowned, plus Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Purple
>> Finch, Lincoln's Sparrow, Blue-headed Vireo, Hermit Thrush, Brown Creeper,
>> both kinglets, and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. At Middle Creek Sunday
>> afternoon Zach Millen and I saw the Sandhill Crane continuing and found a
>> Cackling Goose, but not the Ross's Goose from Saturday.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Michael David
>> Allegheny Co.
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 9:10 PM Zachary Millen <zjmillen...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This afternoon Seth McComsey found an adult male Black-throated Gray
>>> Warbler at Noel Dorwart park in Lancaster. It was seen numerous times
>>> through the afternoon in the vicinity of the Creek Trail, which is the
>>> eastern loop of gravel trails at this park, east of Farmingdale Rd.
>>> Parking
>>> is at the intersection of Good Dr and Parklawn Ct. It rolled low to the
>>> ground through scrubby underbrush below a flock of chickadees, titmice,
>>> and
>>> assorted warblers that seems to make a loop through a "territory" in this
>>> area, which the Creek Trail intersects. If it continues into tomorrow, I
>>> expect it will once again be right in this area. First county record and
>>> the ~12th in the state from what I can see.
>>>
>>> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49170624
>>>
>>> Zach Millen
>>> New Holland

Join us on Facebook!