Date: 10/19/18 4:40 am
From: Dan Dorrance <d2dorrance...>
Subject: [ia-bird] American Bittern (East Pott Co)
Hello.

On two separate occasions yesterday I viewed airborne American Bittern
just north of Elliott Iowa along Pioneer Trail. There is a fairly new
wetland just north of the Elliott Elementary School, which is in
Montgomery County. During grain elevator runs with my retirement job as a
corn/soybean truck driver I go through an area of several flooded corn and
soybean fields, just north of Elliott. One viewing of a bittern was it
flying low in front of me from a corn field into a bean field. Later in the
afternoon, another bittern was flying near by, over the East Nishnabotna
River.

Dan Dorrance
Red Oak, Iowa