Date: 10/18/18 6:48 pm
From: Ann Pettigrew <rook185...>
Subject: Request for help in research project
I received this note from a research scientist friend of mine and wanted to share it with the group in case anyone would be interested in helping out. Carmen, I hope you don’t mind my posting this.

“ Hi All,
Several colleagues of mine are investigating the ability of bald eagles and golden eagles to hear various types of sounds. They are interested in determining whether sounds could be used as deterrents to keep eagles from having fatal collisions with the fast-spinning blades of the windmills on wind farms. They have conducted an experiment in which they presented various sounds to eagles and video recorded their behavioral responses. Now, they are interested in recruiting several volunteers to blindly score the videos. It's estimated that scoring video clips would take 1-2 hours. If you're interested in getting involved and watching some videos of eagles listening to sounds, please contact my colleague, Dr. Peggy Nelson <nelso477...> in the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences, to let her know of your interest. Your involvement in this research might save some eagles' lives some day!

-Mark Bee”

Mark A. Bee
Professor, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
Graduate Program in Neuroscience
University of Minnesota
140 Gortner Laboratory
1479 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Ph: 612-624-6749

Ann C. Pettigrew, V.M.D.
York, PA
<rook185...>
www.pbase.com/rook185

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir.

Join us on Facebook!