Date: 10/18/18 3:31 pm
From: Steve Johnson <stevejohnson2...>
Subject: thrushes near Santee, SC on 18 October
Hello birders,
We found some interesting thrushes today near Santee.

A total of 4 Wood Thrushes were at Santee NWR, Pine Island Unit. They were in two separate pairs, and each pair was co-located with a Swainson's Thrush, convenient for comparisons. This was flagged "rare" by eBird, I presume because it's late for them.

At Audubon's Francis Beidler Forest Sanctuary, we ran into a Gray-Cheeked Thrush right in front of their visitor center. 95% certain on the ID, but will post pictures later to confirm.

Good birding,
Steve Johnson
visiting SC today
normally found roosting near Fairfax, Virginia

Join us on Facebook!