Date: 10/18/18 1:30 pm
From: 'Lucy and Bob Duncan' <robertaduncan...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [nflbirds] New arrivals
Hi all,

Not much came in to Gulf Breeze overnight. I suspect the strong NE winds
shifted the movement to our west. There was a good movement of thrushes
reported in the New Orleans area. Winds have been NE 18 - 22 mph most of the
morning and remain NE but lighter. The only incoming birds I could detect
were 16 Palm Warblers at Shoreline Park, at home 2 Tenn Ws, 2 Rose-breasts,
1 Yellowthoated W., 2 Catbirds, 2 Indigos, 1 Painted Btg, 3 Blue Grosbeaks,
1 Red-br. Nuth, a White-cr. Sp. and a surprise was a Snowy Plover on the
point.

As is usually the case in late Sept and Oct, there was a movement of
Broad-winged Hawks channeled down the peninsula on the NE wind. I counted a
kettle of 23 over the west end of Gulf Breeze. Winds should continue NE
shifting to E tomorrow and I would not be surprised to see more hawks moving
down the peninsula tomorrow. Best time to look is from about 8:30 to 11:30.
A good lookout is Shoreline Park either from the pier or the ball field
area.

Good birding,

Bob Duncan in the w. Panhandle

Join us on Facebook!