Date: 10/18/18 9:51 am
From: 'Jeff O'Connell' <jeff.m.oconnell...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [nflbirds] Upcoming Apalachee Audubon Society Bird Walks
Hi, All.

See below for the November Apalachee Audubon Society bird walks. All are
welcome, just let me know by email (<jeff.m.oconnell...>) if you plan
to attend.

Additionally, note that the AAS walk scheduled for *tomorrow* at St. Marks
NWR has been changed due to closure of the refuge. We’ll still be meeting
at the trailhead for the st. marks bike path on Woodville Hwy just south of
Capital Circle at 7:45am, but we’ll stick to some of the hotspots around
south Tallahassee.

*Saturday, November 10**: Lake Talquin*

Meet at the parking area at the end of Williams Landing Road at 7:45am.
We’ll hit a few of the interesting and under-birded hotspots around the
shores of Lake Talquin.

*Saturday, November 27**: Lake Jackson*

We will return to the western end of Lake Jackson, but we’ll be birding
different hotspots than we hit in September. This time, we’ll meet at
Okeeheepkee Prairie Park at 7:30am. This is the best place in Leon County
to find marsh specialities like American Bittern, Marsh Wren, Sora, and
Virginia Rail. Afterwards, we’ll head to Crowder Road landing, with the
possibility of stopping at either Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State
Park or Canopy Oaks Community Park, depending on time and interest.

Jeff O’Connell

Join us on Facebook!