Date: 10/17/18 7:13 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Fort Sheraton F'P & Hawk Watch Wed 10-17-18
Hello Bird People,

My eyes are finally back to normal after getting eye drops for my
yearly eye exam so I'll try this report. Spent the 1st hour at Fort
Sheridan doing land birds but hardly found any unlike last time when I
found quite a few. The only special bird was one CLAY COLORED SPARROW.

Hawk Watch (8:45-Noon)

Kept getting less & less cloudy until it was an entirely "blue sky
day" which means hawks were hard to find & I.D. Heard they had a
Goshawk late in the day but that was well after I left.

All I saw were Turkey Vultures, Bald Eagle (1-AD), Northern Harrier,
Sharp Shinned & Cooper's Hawks, Red Tailed Hawks & 1 local Kestrel.
Also lots of Cormorants (over 900 by noon), Canada Geese & Chimney
Swifts.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Clay Colored Sparrow & Runners-Up to the
adult Bald Eagle & the Northern Harrier both of which gave good looks
unlike most of today's birds.

Al Stokie
In Lake County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>