Date: 10/17/18 4:00 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] ECAS Wednesday a.m. around Sunriver
Nice day to be out birding once the sun got beyond the treetops and the
frost cleared. Milt Vine had scouted recently. Today he led us around
what spots he found better for birds. Most of us had never been to the
ponds around clubhouse at Woodlands, and it was a treat. The Evening
Grosbeaks in lodgepoles there were great. Not so great was seeing a
small flock of shorebirds, larger peeps, fly off, never to be relocated.
We did have 8 Wilson's Snipe at that pond and a small flock of Greater
White-fronted Geese. We scanned a lot all morning trying to find
Red-shouldered Hawks but did not succeed. The Am pipits in muddy areas
and yellow-rumps scattered in willows were active. Thanks to Milt for
ebirding.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net

Greater White-fronted Goose - about 15
Canada Goose
American Wigeon
Mallard
Northern Shoveler
Green-Winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck - 1
Lesser Scaup - 1
Bufflehead
Common Merganser - 5
Great Blue Heron - 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 2
Red-tailed Hawk
American Coot
Killdeer
Wilson's Snipe - 8
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
Common Raven
Mountain Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Pygmy Nuthatch
Western Bluebird - field by airport
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
Varied Thrush - treetop by Marina
European Starling
American Pipit
Cedar Waxwing
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Savannah Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Western Meadowlark
House Finch
Red Crossbill
Evening Grosbeak - about 15. Later heard more diff location.
Total number of species seen: 41

Birders today: Elizabeth Churchill and Dean DeHear, Lynne Stone, Mark
Neudorfer, Toni Morozumi, Mike Golden, Sherrie Pierce, Joel Tinsley,
Milt Vine, Scott Ahlf, Howard Horvath, Judy Meredith. Next week, local
birding along Deschutes River trails around Bend, and some of the
Wednesday birders will be at the coast on a field trip for a few days.
Good Birding, Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!