Date: 10/17/18 10:47 am
From: Brian Johnson <buntingrobinjay...>
Subject: [cobirds] Green Heron, South Platte River, Arapahoe County
Today I was surprised to find a *Green Heron* along my patch of the South
Platte River. It the bird did not move I would never have spotted it. I
found it across from Hudson Garden stretch, on the opposite bank from the
trail and right across from the Red Barn in Hudson Garden, the best land
mark I can give. It was hanging out on the rocks along the river bank. I
think it is a juvenile bird. Here is my check list with a heavily zoomed in
photo, that bird was a ways away.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49252648

Brian Johnson,
Englewood CO