Date: 10/17/18 5:05 am
From: Catherine Carroll <songsparrow...>
Subject: Re: [birders] ailing cedar waxwing
I agree with Penny that the red in the bird's dropping could have been from eating red berries. I would also consider that the bird may have been drunk (so to speak) from eating fermented berries. I recall finding a robin just standing in a parking lot seeming completely unconcerned by my close presence. When I reached down to pick it up, just the light touch of my fingers startled the bird awake and it flew away with a typical robin protest call.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to birders+ <unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<269600782.9828058.1539576154239...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to birders+<unsubscribe...> .
To post to this group, send email to <birders...> .
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/group/birders/ .
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<190417950.10996574.1539640169458...> .

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<528536169.277746.1539647155794...> .