Date: 10/15/18 6:20 pm
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] a few Durham birds of note
Birders,

Sunday morning I had a nice quick stroll through the Oyster River Forest in Durham, yielding 3 Rusty Blackbirds, a Black-throated Blue Warbler, a Lincoln's Sparrow, and two White-crowns. The colors were great and the number of common birds was impressive.

This morning the History Department feeders on the 4th floor of Horton attracted a nice array of feeder birds with a few odds and ends, including a Cape May. The highlight, though, was when I spotted a Ruby-crowned Kinglet and was able to get our admins on it, but not until they saw their first Yellow-rumped warbler too! It's fascinating how the three little feeders have added an interesting point of interest and discussion for visitors to the office (and a squirrel of course).

Kurk Dorsey

Durham