Date: 10/14/18 4:56 pm
From: susan hons via Groups.Io <susieturtlewings=<me.com...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Edgewood Walk 10/14/18.
Four delightful walkers joined me for a wonderful walk in the woods this morning.
We started with the usual suspects in the parking lot and then up by the restrooms
a small woodpecker was spotted and since I didn’t see it right away I guessed a
Nuttal’s, BUT getting on the bird I was thrilled to see a Red-breasted Sapsucker!
Really nice views for everyone. What a way to start the day.

Our list:

Turkey Vulture
White-tailed Kite
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Anna's Hummingbird (3 juvenile males trying to outdive each other)
Acorn Woodpecker (last bird of the day back at the parking lot)
Nuttal's Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Red-breasted Sapsucker (!)