Date: 10/14/18 1:39 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Nygren Wetlands Sunday 10-14-18
Hello Bird People,

Bob Erickson & I went to look for the Red Necked Grebe seen yesterday
by Dan & Barbara W
at Nygren. We looked from 8-10 a.m. but didn't find it. But the
flooded area is immense & it's possible the Grebe is still here but
just out of view, however, after 2 hours of looking we gave up.
Here's what we did see:

Nygren Wetlands (8-10 a.m.)

P.B. Grebe (~20)
D.C. Cormorant (1)
Great Blue Heron (1)
Canada Geese (~30)
Wood Duck (2)
Mallards, Gadwall & Shovelers (Counts uncertain as numbers were high
but lighting was bad)
Pintail (~10)
American Wigeon (4)
Lesser Scaup (8)
Coots (~125)
Sandhill Crane (4)
BONAPARTE'S GULL (3)
Ring Billed & Herring Gulls (Combined total 22)
Kingfisher (1)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (2)
Eastern Pewee (H-1)
Tree Swallow (~12)
Land birds seen or heard by me were Blue Jay, Chickadee, W.B.
Nuthatch, Robins & Y.R. Myrtles.
Bob had other land birds but I'm not sure which ones.

We made a detour to Howard's Farm but the big numbers of geese are not in yet.
All we saw there were a few Canada Geese & one Great Egret.
In a wet area along Meridian there were 100's of Tree Swallows.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Bonaparte's Gulls & Runners-Up to the Pintail &
American Wigeon.
It was a disappointing day after a long drive!

Al Stokie
In Winnebago County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: