Date: 10/12/18 5:24 am
From: trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Reminder- Big Sit 2018, Sat., Oct. 13th- please join us!
We have registered a count circle for the 2018 Big Sit, which will be conducted from the open picnic area at the north end of Ann Lee Pond in Colonie. If you aren't familiar with the Big Sit, you'll find more information here:

https://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bwdsite/connect/bigsit/about.php

The basic idea is for a group of birders to observe as many species as possible in a 24-hour period from a 17-foot diameter circle set up in a strategically located spot. We will only attempt to do the daylight hours for our purposes. A small group of us will set up the location at 7:30 a.m. and staff it until noon. We may return later in the afternoon to see how things are going. Anyone who wishes to join us at any point during the day is welcome!! Even if you can only stay for an hour, that will enable others to leave the circle for a short time to forage for food and facilities at nearby businesses. Bring a portable chair, your binoculars, and some snacks and drinks. This is more of a relaxed social event than a field trip, so feel free to chat about field trip suggestions for next year, or any other birding topics that come to mind. If you want to stretch your legs, there is a nice loop trail around the pond, too. Map is here:

http://www.albanycounty.com/Government/Departments/RecreationDept/AnnLeePond.aspx

Ann Lee Pond directions:

https://hmbc.net/content/ann-lee-pond

We hope to see you there!