Date: 10/11/18 5:23 pm
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] St. James Parish Nashville Warbler and Scissor-tailed Flycatchers
LABIRD: I dragged a group of LSU birders with me this morning (Marybeth Lima, Marky Mutchler, Jack Rogers) to the Convent-Gramercy area to generate some fall eBird data for this under-birded parish, and just to get out on the first pleasant morning since maybe April. Using intel generated on a previous trip there with guide Josh Sylvest, we spent most of the morning covering some batture woods that looked promising for migrants.

We had fairly good results with an eBird parish first Nashville Warbler (photos) and 4 Scissor-tailed Flycatchers at 2 locations. Decent numbers of migrants in general, including 8 other warbler species and FOF YbSapsucker, Bh Vireo, RcKinglet. At last, a push of Indigo Buntings. Several flocks of Blue-winged Teal were headed south overhead, along with small flocks of GB Herons and Great Egrets. Main list is here (first part of url deleted to defeat spam filters):

ebird.org/view/checklist/S49116128

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

Join us on Facebook!