Date: 10/11/18 4:48 pm
From: Jane Patterson <seejanebird...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Alerts re: uncommon sightings?
So after perusing ebird this afternoon and coming across a report of a
"fallout of Bay-breasted Warblers" in City Park New Orleans today, I was
wondering.... Other than someone taking the time to report via LABIRD or
one of the facebook groups, is there any other way to find out when someone
makes an unusual report like that via ebird? I know there are rare bird
alerts. Presumably Bay-breasted Warbler isn't rare in Louisiana in
October, but I would think 50 would be flagged. Is there a way to find out
about these kinds of reports other than just stumbling across them? I
would have changed my plan for the day if I'd heard about this one!

thanks,
Jane Patterson
Ponchatoula

Join us on Facebook!