Date: 10/11/18 3:19 pm
From: Ellen Cantor <ellencantor...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Birders Night Monday, Oct 15th , Birds of Southern Portugal
The next Eugene Birders Night (SWOC) meeting will be held Monday, Oct 15th
, 2018 at 7 pm at the McNail-Riley house, 601 W 13th Ave, Eugene. The
McNail-Riley House is the restored historic house at the NW corner of W.
13th Ave. and Jefferson St. The parking area, located immediately west of
the McNail-Riley House, can be accessed from 13th St, by turning left
(north) shortly before Jefferson St. It may also be accessed by Jefferson
St. via the driveway located immediately north of the M-R House. We are
allowed to park only in the 5 spaces closest to the M-R house. If these
spaces are full, you can take the west exit from the M-R parking lot on to
13 Ave, then go directly across 13th to enter and park in the Fairgrounds
parking lot.

After initial introductions, we’ll share recent sightings and discuss
birding connected topics.

Then Kit Larsen will present photos and discuss his experiences birding the
Algarve and Alentejo regions of southern Portugal. We’ll hear about his
sightings of the two species of Bustards that occur in that region as well
as see photographs of various species of vultures and shorebirds, among
others. Then on to the birds Kit saw while based out of Tavira, including
his photos of the sought after Hoopoe.

No entrance fees! All are welcome!

Contact <ellencantor...> for further information

Join us on Facebook!